West Engineering Company, Inc. – Ashland, VA
$50,000 – $80,000 a year
Quality Control Engineer to work in custom machining and machine-building job shop. Excellent problem-solver, communicator and team member is wanted for a career with a well-established (1919), privately-owned company in a fully air-conditioned plant on the north side of metro-Richmond, Virginia.
If you truly love working with custom machined materials, the making of unique one-off parts, the building of unique industrial manufacturing machines, and want to be where your mechanical, machining and quality assurance-control expertise will be genuinely appreciated, grab this rare opportunity and apply right now.
“What kind of machines and tooling are built by West Engineering?” you might ask. Simply go to WestEngineering.com and click on Gallery in the menu and you will see a sample of some machines and parts for machines. This is not a routine situation, as each machine is custom designed for a unique application.
Minimum of eight (8) years directly related experience in metal machining and machine fabricating and assembly job shop environment is required. Must be fully qualified with proven expertise in precision parts GD&T quality assurance using traditional tooling and specialty instruments such as CMM for control of input, machining and machined output. If you can qualify for this key position, you will report directly to the President/CEO of the company. For more insights, please go to WestEngineering.com.
1. The job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and additional duties may be assigned. This is a qualified ASME Section VIII machine shop. It is not a typical mass-production machine shop, but is where custom designed and built mass-production machines are made by skilled professional machinists. Note you must be able to lift 50 pounds of material, tools, fixtures, etc.
2. Applicant must be able to fully comply with the United States citizenship requirement of Federal contractors, sub-contractors and associated vendors.
3. Pay depends upon qualifications and experience.
4. This is an immediate opening. We thank each applicant. Those selected for the next step will be directly contacted.
ABOUT THE COMPANY: West Engineering is an engineering design and full-service machining job shop. The company is focused on the custom design, development, fabrication of unique machine-tooling-components, and the turn-key manufacture of heavy duty, mass-production process industrial machines. This includes large parts, small components, prototype manufacture, etc., mostly “one-of-a-kind” for industrial companies, government contractors, and similar heavy-duty manufacturing equipment and machine users. Has 10 ton and two 5 ton overhead bridge cranes. The company is not a sheet metal, small parts or mass production consumer products manufacturer.
Our 33 member team works in a fully air-conditioned, 62,000 square foot, high-bay facility with a full array of CAD, CNC and precision machining, fabricating, assembly, finishing, testing and quality assurance resources.
We continue the quality, integrity and value traditions set in 1919 by our founder, Edward West, Sr. The company is still led daily by the West family. Many discerning and valued clients use us as their preferred source for custom machine engineering design, development and manufacture.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We have continued to operate carefully and serve our valued customers. Also, we are doing our part to reduce the ongoing spread and impact of this virus by following recommended safe practices.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ashland, VA 23005: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Why are you really interested in this job with West Engineering and Machining Company?
- What achievement are you most proud of so far in your life?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with applicable law/regulations?
- Quality Engineering: 8 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- Confidential (Required)
Work Location: One location