West Engineering Co., Inc. – Ashland, VA
$20 – $28 an hour
CNC Machinist – Make custom large parts on lathes. Work in air-conditioned industrial machine building job shop just north of Richmond, VA. Work consists of 4 ten-hour days.
Excellent problem-solver, communicator and team member is wanted for a long-term career with a well-established (1919), privately-owned company.
If you love to custom machine metals, make unique one-off parts and be where your mechanical and machining expertise will be genuinely appreciated, grab this rare opportunity and apply right now.
This is not a typical mass-production factory CNC machine operators job, but is one where the machines they operate are created and custom made for their factory by professional machinists.
Minimum of five (5) years direct experience in metal machining and custom machine fabricating job shop environment. Stainless steel, carbon steel, corrosion resistant alloys, aluminum, brass, copper and non-metals, such as machinable plastics, fiberglass, composites, and large unique parts machining experience is a definite plus.
This is a qualified ASME Section VIII machine job shop. For more insights and a photo gallery of some of the custom machines we have built, please go to WestEngineering.com.
Are You A Job Shop Machinist? Is this what your co-workers would say about you: You seek to be the best at whatever task is at hand. You can visualize, plan and get first-rate results. You can figure things out and make it happen. You are a self-starter and a team player. You are creative and thrive on machining challenges. You can cheerfully accomplish the mundane. You prioritize safety, quality and integrity. You like a good challenge and seek knowledge. You strive to learn and continue to grow your talents. You aspire to be part of a skilled “make-it-happen” 32 member company team.
1. Applicants are encouraged to respond to Indeed’s screening phone call, which takes about 10 minutes of time. They will be given first consideration towards the next step. Be alert for the prompt and links from Indeed.com for this next step in the application process.
2. We thank each applicant, and those selected for the next step will be contacted.
3. The job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and additional duties may be assigned.
4. Must be able to safely lift 50 pounds of tooling, material, tools, fixtures, etc.
5. Applicant must be able to fully comply with the United States citizenship requirement of Federal contractors, sub-contractors and associated vendors.
6. Pay depends upon qualifications, experience and demonstrated competence.
7. Work Location: Close to Lewistown Exit I-95, on the northern perimeter of metro-Richmond, Virginia (U.S.A.), and just south of Ashland, VA.
ABOUT THE COMPANY: West Engineering is an engineering design and full-service machining job shop. The company is focused on the custom design, development, fabrication of unique machine-tooling-components, and the turn-key manufacture of heavy duty, mass-production process industrial machines. This includes large parts, small components, prototypes, etc., mostly “one-of-a-kind” for industrial companies, government contractors, and similar heavy-duty manufacturing equipment and machine users. Has 10 ton and two 5 ton overhead bridge cranes. The company is not a sheet metal, small parts or mass production consumer products manufacturer.
Our 32 member team works in a fully air-conditioned, 62,000 square foot, high-bay facility with a full array of CNC and precision machining, fabricating, assembly, quality control and finishing resources.
We continue the quality, integrity and value traditions set in 1919 by our founder, Edward West, Sr., and the company is still led daily by the West family. Many discerning international corporations and privately owned manufacturers use us as their preferred source for custom machine engineering design, development and manufacture.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $28.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
We continue to operate and serve our valued customers. Also, we are doing our part to reduce the ongoing spread and impact of the virus by following recommended safe practices.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ashland, VA 23005: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Why are you interested in this job with West Engineering and Machining Company?
- What achievement are you most proud of so far in your life?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with applicable law/regulations?
- Machining: 5 years (Required)
- CNC Large Lathe: 5 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- Confidential (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location